We wanted to let you know about an upcoming change that may affect your site, so please make sure to read until the end for all the important details.
When we first launched Shopkeeper in 2014, many of the features that are still around today didn’t exist or were only partially developed in the WordPress ecosystem.
But since then, WordPress and the world around it has evolved a lot. Some of the functionality included in Shopkeeper has become redundant, so we’re starting a new chapter in Shopkeeper optimization by dropping all redundant features that can be replaced with specialized plugins.
This change may affect your website, so please read carefully below.
[DEPRECATED] Additional JS
This feature will be removed on January 31, 2023, so please act as soon as possible.
To find out if this change will affect your site, please follow these steps:
Are you using the “Shopkeeper Extender” plugin?
Go to your site’s Dashboard (admin area).
In the WordPress menu, go to Plugins > Installed Plugins.
In the list of active plugins, search for “Shopkeeper Extender.”
- If you are using the “Shopkeeper Extender” plugin, this change may affect you, read on.
- If you are NOT using the “Shopkeeper Extender” plugin, this change has no impact on your website and you don’t need to worry.
If you use the “Shopkeeper Extender” plugin
Go to the Dashboard of your website.
In the WordPress menu, go to Appearance > Customize > Additional JS.
- If you find code in at least one of the two textboxes, this change will affect your site, read on.
- If there is no code in either of the two textboxes and they are empty, this change does not affect you and you don’t need to worry.
If you find code in at least one of the two textboxes in Appearance > Customize > Additional JS
- Move the code from Appearance > Customize > Additional JS to the newly installed plugin.
- Make sure once again that you have successfully moved the code to the new plugin and saved.
- Clear the two textfields in Appearance > Customize > Additional JS and click Publish.
- Check your site and make sure everything works correctly.
We hope this information is helpful.
Thank you for using Shopkeeper and stay tuned for future updates. We have a great year ahead of us!
Have an amazing day!
Founder of Get Bowtied on behalf of the whole team.